View all facilities
Swimming Pool Rules
Swimming pools are private facilities for Valley Ranch Residents. Lifeguards are contracted by the Association. The following rules apply to the use of the Association pools. Additional rules may be posted at the pool.
- The Valley Ranch pool is considered a "swim at your own risk facility" at all times whether or not a lifeguard is present.
- A maximum of 5 guests are allowed per household per day.
- Facility Users must not compromise the cleanliness of the pool, or subject other users to unhealthy conditions. Facility Users are required to take a cleansing shower before entering the pools. Showering after using the pool is also recommended.
- Facility Users are required to wear appropriate swimwear at all times. No street clothing such as undergarments, basketball shorts, jean shorts, or cargo shorts are allowed. White t-shirts or tank tops are permitted over an appropriate swimsuit. Association staff in conjunction with the Lifeguard Contractor will make the final determination if certain swimwear is disallowed in the pool area. Nudity is strictly prohibited.
- All incontinent persons are required to wear approved swim diapers. In addition, rubber or plastic pants over a swim diaper are recommended. Regular Diapers are not allowed in the pool.
- Swimmers with a cold virus, communicable disease, open sores, ear or nasal discharge are not allowed into the pools. Association staff in conjunction with the Lifeguard contractor work make the final determination if a swimmer is disallowed into the Association pools.
- Horseplay, running, or diving into the pools is prohibited.
- Personal sound-producing equipment that disrupts others is prohibited. Facility Users may use headphones only. However, water exercise classes may use sound equipment as necessary to conduct their programs.
- The pool deck perimeter is reserved for walking, safety and emergency purposes. No obstruction of any kind will be permitted in this area.
- Food and beverages are permitted in the pool deck perimeter. Food and beverages are not permitted in the pool. NO ceramic, china, glass or other breakable containers are allowed. Trash containers are available, and Facility Users must clean-up after themselves. The pool monitor, Lifeguard staff and Association staff may search any ice chests at any time.
- Inflatables are permitted at the discretion of the Lifeguard staff. For safety reasons, if at any point the inflatables obstruct the view of swimmers for the Lifeguard staff, the resident may be asked to remove the inflatable from the pool. Onlu United States Coast Guard approved flotation devices are permitted, so "water wings" and other non-approved flotation devices are not permitted.
- Minors under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult while in the pool area. The Board will consider, on a case-by-case basis upon requet by the minor's parent or guardian, permitting resident children under the age of 12 to use the failities without adult supervision.
- Hanging, swinging and pulling on aquatic equipment or features is not permitted.
- Lane ropes and stair rails are installed to assist and guide pool users. Standing, hanging or sitting on these items is prohibited.
- Lap lanes are to be used for lap swimming and water walking only. During classes, special programs and scheduled pool maintenance, lap lanes may be removed as necessary.
- During busy times Facility Users will be asked to share lanes or circle swim, and may be asked to limit swim time.
- During thunder and lightning storms or other inclement weather conditions, the lifeguard staff will clear the pool area. This will be determined by an app indicating the distance of the closest lightning strike in the last 30 minutes. If the closest strike is within a 10 mile radius the pool will be cleared. Any exceptions to this will be decided upon by the Lifeguard personnel and the Association staff. Facility Users must exit the pool and follow safety instructions provided by the Association and Lifeguard personnel. Association staff and Lifeguard personnel will determine when, and if, Facility Users may return.
- Any Facility User failing to abide by lifeguard instructions, stated policy or safety rules will be asked to leave the pool area. The judgment of Association Staff with respect to safety, decorum and sanitation will prevail. Repeat offenders may be subject to facility suspension pending a Board hearing.
- In the swimming pools, chemicals are used to ensure a sanitary and safe water environment. Conditions are tested and documented on a regular basis. If unacceptable conditions occur, Association Staff in conjunction the Lifeguard Contractor reserves the right to close the pool at any time to preserve the health and well-being of Facility Users.
- Chemicals are used in the pool water that may cause damage to swim wear. The Association will not be responsible for any such damage.
- Patio furniture in the pool are shall not be removed. Residents are allowed to bring additional portable lounge chairs to the pool area provided they do not present a potential safety concern to other members and their guests, as determined by Association staff.
- Facility Users should immediately report fecal or vomit incidents to a lifeguard or Association staff member.
- Climbing on the pool area fence is prohibited. And trespassers may be subject to the deactivation of key fobs, fines and prosecution.
- Unauthorized persons will be asked to immediately vacate the premises and may be reported to the local authorities as trespassers. During non-business hours, concerned residents should report trespassers to the Association staff via email to be reviewed during regular business hours.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted in the pool deck perimeter. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the pool. Ceramic, china, glass or other breakable containers are not permitted in the pool area at any time. If any persons become too intoxicated they will be asked to leave immediately by the Lifeguard personnel or Association staff at their sole discretion. If said person does not exit the facilities the Lifeguard personnel and Association staff have the authority to call the local authorities to have that person removed and revoke entry to the pool until a hearing is held before the Board.
- Pets are not permitted in the pool area unless as authorized in private or special functions by the Association staff, and only within specially designated areas. This rule does not apply to service animals required for person(s) with special needs.
- Water Slides
- Water slides are open during lifeguard hours ONLY.
- Facility Users must weigh less than 300 pounds to ride the slides.
- Any person under 48 inches in height must pass a swim test administered by a Valley Ranch lifeguard prior to going down the slides.
- Flotation devices are not permitted on the slides.
- Facility Users must ride on their back, feet first only with arms and legs crossed.
- Facility users are not permitted to catch other persons at bottom of slides.
- Lifeguards and Association staff have the final authority on pool/waterslide use.